Apply before Feb 18 2022 | 14 Days left
Employer: Ferro SA
Ferro SA in Brakpan invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Electonics Technician position. This role will be reporting to the Engineering Manager
- To provide a service to Spectrum Clients as a Durst Technician and provide electronic and electrical support at the Ferro plant
- Focusing on servicing and maintaining factory robotics, electromechanical and automation equipment including, SCADA, PLC’s, PAC’s, DCS, Drives, general instrumentation and enforcement of electrical regulations.
- HT Switchgear and Electrical reticulation, Medium Voltage switch gear, transformers, circuit breakers, contactors, electrical reticulation, star-delta starters, field instrumentation, process controllers.
- Provide a service to Ferro (Spectrum) customers specifically for the role as ‘Durst Agency Technician’.
- General fitting work to machinery and equipment as and when required for which training has been received.
- Problem solving / troubleshooting / fault-finding of site and service facilities.
- Implementing preventative and corrective maintenance requirements / principles.
- Minor welding and boiler maker work as and when required.
- Project installation work.
- Adhere to all safety regulations with reference to tasks that are required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- May be required to carry out any other tasks for which training has been received.
- Specialised training received from Durst (Italy) in order to maintenance printing machinery accordingly.
- May be required to work overtime as and when required.
- Standby duties as and when required.
- Collecting and delivering equipment and material.
- Carry out cleaning work in the plant and to machinery (e.g. with HP cleaner).
- Electrical reliability, job card re-works, time and attendance, artisan utilisation.
- Servicing and Maintaining Factory Robotics : 7 to 8 years
- Switchgear and Electrical reticulation : 7 to 8 years
- General fitting work to machinery and equipment : 7 to 8 years
- Preventative and corrective maintenance : 7 to 8 years
- Welding and boiler maker work : 7 to 8 years