Sappi Southern Africa
Storeman / Grinderman January 2021 ( P13 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sharpen Slitter Knives to required tolerances and control of the tool store
REPORTING TO the Foreman Mechanical Workshops
- Sharpen Slitter Knives to required tolerances daily
- Fabricate thread bar to suit requirements as required
- Operate and maintain Reform and Gockel Slitter Grinder for Paper and Uptake section slitters
- Operate and maintain Elliot Surface Grinder for grinding of small blades
- Comply to Health and Safety requirements
- To be the custodian of the tool store, ensuring that the proper procedures are followed for booking in and out of tools and or other equipment
- Ensure good housekeeping in the tool store
- Remove the oil contaminated water as and when is required
- Unloading goods.
- Receiving and scanning goods and checking against orders.
- Inspecting for damage.
- Moving goods around a store.
- Stocking shelves.
- Stacking bulky goods safely.
- Picking goods from shelves and recording their movements.
- Packing and sending orders to customers.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Rotating Equipment
- SAP Plant Maintenance
- Workplace Safety
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, N3 or a relevant NQF4 qualification with Maths and Science
- Valid driving license, minimum code EB with no endorsements
Closing Date 15 Febuary 2021
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.