We are looking for an energetic Rigger to perform maintenance on temperature, air-conditioning, refrigeration and air quality control systems and related equipment / machinery in a safe and cost effective manner to maximise equipment reliability and availability, whilst enabling the achievement of production targets.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happens.
Skilled colleagues and motivated teams are the life force of Anglo American because – guided by our purpose and our values – we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”.
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
Join us at our Sishen Operations as a Rigger where you will be responsible to:
- Conduct effective maintenance on equipment and related machinery to ensure optimal availability
- Identify and report defects, equipment failures and time required to do repairs to the Supervisor to enable effective planning.
- Perform equipment maintenance in accordance with SMP (Standard Maintenance Practice) to contribute to the achievement of improved work practices.
- Ensure installations, commissioning of infrastructure and post-installation work testing for functionality and correct installation.
- Liaise with relevant personnel to arrange assistance regarding resources required to ensure successful task execution
- Adhere to all health and safety practices requirements and promote good housekeeping to ensure compliance and an environment where team members can deliver their outputs within a controlled risk environment.
This role is in the Engineering department on a Band J4 and reporting to the Engineering Supervisor
You will need the following:
- Grade 12/ Technical Matric
- N2 with a Trade certificate – Rigging
- Relevant mining experience will be advantageous
- Driver’s license Code 8
- Medically Fit
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.