TWK Agri has the following vacancy available: Cashier within the Trade Division at Carolina, Mpumalanga.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Bag, box, wrap merchandise and prepare packages for shipment
- Compute and record transactions
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Sort, count and wrap notes and coins
- Establish or identify prices of goods and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers or optical scanners
- Greet customers entering establishments
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions
- Receive payment by cash or card
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
- Stock shelves and mark prices on shelves and items
- Do stock takes
- Provides a positive customer experience with fair, friendly, and courteous service.
- Registers sales on a cash register by scanning items, itemizing and totaling customers’ purchases.
- Resolves customer issues and answers questions.
- Bags purchases if needed.
- Processes return transactions.
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; and operating a cash register.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s license number; and operating credit card authorization systems.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Putting the information about working hours and benefits in this location helps keep your job seeker’s interest, encouraging them to continue reading your job ad. This is where you want to describe working conditions or requirements things like shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedules. Also, do be sure to mention special benefits that your company provides that others might not.
Qualifications and Skills
- Matric / Grade 12
- Computer literate
- Previous cashier experience
- Ability to work with money
- Ability to work with customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make change
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
Closing Date 13 February 2021