Market Related – Market Related Monthly
One of our leading companies in the Courier Industry is currently recruiting for a Picker and Packer to join their dynamic team in Gauteng
Organise the warehouse in such a manner to facilitate easy verification and movement of stock
Picking and packing of orders
Counterbalance and reach forklift
Timely booking of all materials and goods
Verify product has been completed according to customer specifications
Final dispatch verification
Record daily productivity including completion of all customer information sheets
Placing of receipted goods into correct locations
Goods receiving inspection
Perform weekly and monthly stock audits
Maintain good house-keeping
Ensure daily / monthly KPI’s are met
Matric / Grade 12
Should you not hear from us in 4 weeks please consider your application to be unsuccessful
Ad Visible Until: 30 October 2020
Picker Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an energetic Picker to assist us in preparing orders for shipping. The Picker will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items, place and arrange items in containers and bins following specific instructions, and arrange containers on pallets. The Picker will check containers for damage, and confirm correct items and quantities are selected. You will perform duties in accordance with standard operating instructions, and ensure inbound and outbound shipments are correct and defect-free. You will operate a forklift, maintain equipment and perform basic maintenance, conduct physical inventories and report quality variances.
To ensure success in this position you will need to perform to a high level of accuracy. Top candidates will be upstanding, organized and able to perform under pressure.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized.
- Packing incoming stock away, taking inventory and reporting shortages.
- Keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Picking orders as requested by management.
- Sealing and tagging containers, confirming accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to shipping area.
- Placing containers on pallets, and securing with stretch wrap, shrink wrap and strapping.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks and forklifts.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Assisting in maintaining security of warehouse.