We require a few Warehouse Assistant (Pickers and Packers) for stock counting, picking, packing, labelling and adhoc requests.
Successful candidates will be based in our warehouse in the East Rand.
Please note that this contract is for c.
Core Group candidates may be subjected to pre employment tests.
- South African citizen
- Living in the East of Johannesburg
- Be able to work during the following period- 01 September 2020 to 31 December 2020
Warehouse Assistant Job Summary
We are looking for an organized and motivated warehouse assistant to join our facility. The warehouse assistant will be responsible for ensuring inventory is processed, organized, and stored. The warehouse assistant will also package, scan, and prepare orders for delivery. The ideal candidate is comfortable working on their feet, focused on meeting quotas, and experienced in inventory software and databases. The warehouse assistant may also operate heavy machinery, or drive equipment, so a candidate with experience and a valid driver’s license is preferred.
Warehouse Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Move inventory and materials across facilities
- Process inventory for delivery
- Sort, organize and store inventory in the proper location
- Package items and label correctly
- Scan delivered items and ensure quality
- Report damaged or missing inventory to supervisors
- Stack and organize large bulk items
- Remove inventory from trucks or shipping and delivery to proper location
- Update logs and documentation for inventory processing
- Move materials from facilities to workstations, pick-up locations, or other locations
- Wear safety gear at all times
- Operate heavy machinery like forklifts to move or store inventory
- Ensure workspace is free of debris and remove safety hazards from aisles
- Work as an active team member to complete team goals
- Prepare documentation and inventory for audits