Introduction & Purpose
A VACANCY FOR LEARNERSHIPS THROUGH THE GOVERNMENT INCENTIVISED ‘YES’ PROGRAMME EXISTS WITHIN TULISA CABLES (PTY) LTD.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAMME AND MEET THE CRITERIA STIPULATED BELOW KINDLY UPDATE AND SUBMIT YOUR CV.
THE PROGRAMME WILL BE FOR A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR WHERE YOU WILL WORK FROM MONDAY’S TO FRIDAY’S, BUT ATTEND CLASSES ON CERTAIN FRIDAY’S.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 29 October 2020
YOU WILL BE ADVISED AS TO WHETHER YOU HAVE BEEN SHORTLISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW BY NO LATER THAN 15 November 2020
IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM US PLEASE ACCEPT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESFUL.
YES, is a business-driven initiative which is breaking new ground by working together with government and companies, in collectively tackling a national plan to build economic pathways for African youth. You are enabled through this programme to contribute and to be a co-creator of a future that works. Given the scale and implications of South Africa’s youth unemployment situation, the country cannot afford to fail.
A ‘first chance’ is often all it takes to unleash the potential of a young person. YES, focuses on previously disadvantaged youth between the ages 18 and 35 by providing work experience for one year, giving young people a chance to demonstrate their abilities, establish their work ethic and prove their value. The end result of the work experience is a CV, a reference letter, credibility and an empowered young person who has access to social media platforms for future work.
When you start your placement, you will be given a smartphone (cell phone). Along with your work duties, you will also need to fill in activities on the YES app and complete 21 work readiness modules. SERR Synergy also offer 7 modules of our own training courses which focus on employability and work readiness.
- African, Coloured & Indian Youth
- Between the ages of 18 & 35 years
- South African Citizen
- Grade 12
- Certified Copy of ID
- Proof of Grade 12 / Matric certificate
- Bank account confirmation letter
- Tax reference number
- Valid email address
- A smartphone preloaded with the YES app which does not need data
- Minimum salary of R 3 598.95 per month for 12 months
- Work experience for one year
- Skills and knowledge
- Additional training courses exclusive to SERR Synergy
- CV and reference letter
- Possibility of permanent employment for selected candidate.
What’s expected from you?
- To complete the training and have the will to work & learn for one year
- Willingness to learn and gain experience
- Thankful and positive attitude
- You will sign a Fixed Term Contract of Employment – you will be an employee of Tulisa Cables (Pty) Ltd for until 30 September 2021.
- To be on time according to work hours.
- To report any intended absenteeism to your supervisor / manager
- To provide proof when absent (doctors letter etc.)
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- To attend all training offered by Tulisa Cables (Pty) Ltd as well as SERR Synergy.